Something different this week. We teamed up with ultramarathon runner Tom Stevens for a bushwalk into the Royal National Park.
Starting from Bundeena, and arriving at Marley Beach; one of the most beautiful places just outside of Sydney! Tom shares his passion and teaches us a few things on how to keep yourself safe when venturing out into the wild.
Tom took us to a place we didn’t know existed…
Some safety tips when venturing into the bush
So.. don’t just go venturing into the bush unprepared. Here are some tings to think about:
Make sure to bring!
- 1 litre of water
- Some snacks
- The right clothing (i.e. a waterproof jacket)
- Pressure bandage in case of a snake bite
- Closed shoes, or a good pair of walking or hiking boots.
- Before you do a walk you should prepare a bit..
- Check the weather
- Check the park’s website or app for information on the walk you’re doing
- Let someone know where you’re going
- Leave early (it’s not fun walking in the dark to get back home)
- Charge your phone
- Remember, don’t leave the trail folks! …
Follow Hummguide on YouTube
Follow us here!: https://bit.ly/2ZKeuZK